Sunday, January 8, 2017

EDU 642 Week 0 Introductory Post

Hello,

Welcome to my class blog. Let me begin by telling you a little about myself. My name is Nate Berens and this weekend my family moved to Wayland, Michigan.   Today is the first full day of living in our new home.   When I am not at school I am usually enjoying time with my wife of almost 11 years Jessica, my two kids, a five year old son named Max and a three year old daughter named Mia, (and our family dog Sam too).   Some additional information about me, I am a high school Social Studies Teacher at Wayland Union High School.   In a given day I teach 11th graders about Government and Economics.   I look forward to enhancing my current abilities in the digital realm and learning more ways of using technology to motive and teach my students in meaningful ways.

I look forward to working with all of you and learning both with you and from you.

Nate

7 comments:

  1. Wow - moving like that right after Christmas, starting back to school and classes makes me cringe! I'm happy to see you in class.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nate! Congratulations on your new home! Your family has had a very busy "holiday", I hope you can find some time to relax. Good luck finding that thing you needed and have packed, but not unpacked yet:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary,

      It is an adjustment, I will happy a few months from now when new routines are formed.

      Delete
  3. Hi Nate,
    I to moved into a new home over the Holiday Season. So I know how stressful that must have been for your family. Now that I have returned to work not very much is getting unpacked. Right now I will just have to wait for spring break. The focus for me now is my students and this class, which I am very excited. My message to you just think like "The Little Engine That Could," "I Know I Can; I Know I Can."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen we must be crazy moving that time of year. Did you move very far?

      Delete
  4. Hi,
    I had to laugh when I saw that your two kids are named Max and Mia because I have a dog, Mia, and my brother has a dog, Max. My brother is also taking this course and of course he has the same name as you. Good name choices I suppose! I hope you and your family are settling nicely into your new house. Good luck with the course!

    ReplyDelete